Hello LWJES Families,
We are providing the following list of resources for everyone to use during the school closure. We encourage all our families to take advantage of these online resources until we return to regular school activity. Please note that some of these resources may require a purchase to be made after a certain amount of views, attempts, etc. are made. We at Louis Wiener, Jr. Elementary are not recommending, endorsing, or selling any of these products and we encourage families to review the content of the website prior to using them with your child(ren).
This list is also available as a PDF file here: Resources Download
- STMath – stmath.com – Students log in using their STMath password.
- MyOn – clever.ccsd.net – Students login using this button:
They then use their student ID as the USERNAME and PASSWORD.
- Zearn Math – zearn.com – Students login using the login provided by classroom teachers.
- Keyboarding Skills – typing.com – Students login using their classroom information.
- Accelerated Reader Quizzes – https://global-zone08.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/260605
This allows LWJES students to take quizzes from home while schools are closed. This is the initial screen:
Click on the ORANGE button and then students will be able to access quizzes as they normally do. Disregard the message in the gray box.
- CAPSTONE ONLINE BOOKS – You have been set up with free remote access to PebbleGo, PebbleGo Next and Capstone Interactive eBooks. We hope these resources are helpful to your school and your students during this sensitive time.
Capstone Student Access Instructions
- PebbleGo (English & Spanish):
- Visit www.pebblego.com and click “Sign In”
- Username: engaged
- Password: learning
- PebbleGo Next:
- Visit www.pebblegonext.com and click “Log In”
- Username: engaged1
- Password: learning1
- Capstone Interactive eBooks:
- Visit www.mycapstonelibrary.com and click “Log In”
- Username: continue
- Password: reading
- Map Accelerator MATHEMATICS (Khan Academy) – Students in Grades 3 & 5 login using Clever (clever.ccsd.net) and Grade 4 login using Google credentials (khanacademy.com).
- Khan Academy – khanacademy.com – Guardians can create a parent account and select coursework from a variety of courses for any grades and subjects available.
- code.org – code.org -Students can use the log-in provided by their classroom teacher or take advantage of the open lessons.
- Mindfulness Resource – Sitting Still Like a Frog Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLro5qWiotHVmsxcwj58D8Fg1TjCx28OYM
- High Frequency Words – http://www.uniqueteachingresources.com/Fry-1000-Instant-Words.html
Help your child master the 1,000 High Frequency Words using the resources here. Scroll down past the green pencil on the page to find a link for each of the sets of 100 words. There are lists and flashcards that you can look at on a device or print out to use in hard copy.
- Art Tutorials – https://www.mcharpermanor.com/blog – Create fun art projects at home! Lists of project materials will be posted daily on their website.
- Live Doodles with Author Mo Willems – https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems
Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE. Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together.
New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET (10:00 a.m. Las Vegas) and then remain online to be streamed afterwards.
- Scholastic Books Learn at Home – www.scholastic.com/learnathome – 20 days of activities, articles, and stories for students to use. Updated weekly.
- Science Sites – mysterydoug.com – Science lessons and activities across grade levels K-5
kids.nationalgeographic.com – A variety of informational text and videos on a wide range of topics.
- Social Studies – www.historyforkids.net – History lessons on cultures and countries from around the world.
- Reading Skills – www.squigglepark.com – Skills based lessons for students 5-15 years old.
- PBS Online – pbskids.org – A variety of videos and other lessons/activities for elementary and middle school aged students.
- Seussville – https://www.seussville.com/ – Explore & play in the land of Dr. Seuss through videos, games, and information about Dr. Seuss himself.
- ABC Ya – https://www.abcya.com/ – This website has various content area activities by grade level available.
- Storyline Online – https://www.storylineonline.net/ – Celebrities read books…and some have AR quizzes!
- Highlights Kids – https://www.highlightskids.com/ – A variety of fun activities for kids (and adults!).
- Virtual Museum Tour(s) – A variety of museums from around the world follow. NOTE: Please review the websites prior to visiting them with your child for the content that is available and what you would like to share with your child.
- The British Museum, London England https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/
- Guggenheim Museum, New York United States Gugegenheim Museum, New York, United States
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC United States https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
- The Louvre Museum, Paris France https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris France https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/musee-dorsay-paris?hl=en
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Gwacheon-si, South Korea https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-museum-of-modern-and-contemporary-art-korea?hl=en
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin Germany https://artsandculture.google.com/entity/pergamon/m05tcm?hl=en
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam Netherlands https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/rijksmuseum/iwH5aYGoPwSf7g?hl=en&sv_lng=4.885283712508563&sv_lat=52.35984312584405&sv_h=311.1699875145569&sv_p=-5.924133903625474&sv_pid=fOVcUXQW2wpRf33iUmxEfg&sv_z=1
- Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, Netherlands https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en
- The J. Paul Getty Museum Los Angeles, United States https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
- Uffizi Gallery Firenze, Italy https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/uffizi-gallery?hl=en
- MASP – Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand São Paulo, Brazil https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/masp?hl=en
- The National Museum of Anthropology – Mexico City Mexico https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/the-national-museum-of-anthropology-mexico-city-ziko-van-dijk-wikimedia-commons/bAGSHRdlzSRcdQ?hl=en
- Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety from the CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html